Art of Mentoring UK Camp 2017
23 – 29 July
At Burnicombe Farm, Dartmoor, Devon, EX6 7EL
Nestled in the Teign Valley, an area of outstanding natural beauty, Burnicombe Farm feels wild and magical. You’ll wake to stunning open countryside, bordered by miles of beautiful National Trust woodland.
The 110-acre organic farm grows fruits, including blueberries and 30 traditional apple varieties. There’s a small flock of white-faced Dartmoor sheep and Dartmoor ponies too. The farm grows vegetables and herbs used in the onsite catering.
Food and facilities
Wholesome, tasty food will be served by onsite caterers in beautiful high-top marquees. Produce will be local & seasonal, with some from the farm itself.
We’ll be camping nestled in one of the fields, with hot showers & plenty of compost / flushing loos.
We encourage everyone to stay onsite to create a temporary ‘village’ together. If, however, there is a physical need or other reason for you not to camp, here are some alternatives available at your own cost (provided for info rather than as recommendations):
- Blytheswood Hostel (20 min walk down steep hill or 10 min by car)
- Sparrowhawk Backpackers in Moretonhampstead
- B&Bs on Trip Advisor
- The White Hart Hotel
Burnicombe Farm is 8 miles south-west of Exeter
Train: nearest station: Exeter St Davids (11.4 miles)
Bike: You can cycle from Exeter St Davids station, though 12 miles uphill is not to be taken lightly!
Taxi: c.£25 from Exeter St Davids. Exe Cars (01392 555 555) score well on Google (for info, not endorsement)
Lift share: We’ll set up a system nearer the event
Directions by road:
- From A38 Exeter – Plymouth duel carriageway turn off at B3193 signed Teign Valley to Dunsford
- After 5 mi along Teign Valley Rd (B3193, Chudleigh to Dunsford) pass Teign House Inn on right
- Half a mile past pub turn left up road signed Bridford
- Carry on up hill into Bridford
- In Bridford, turn right at T-junction (by bus stop)
- Follow road up & round to the left, leave Bridford
- Continue for a mile, pass a modern house ‘Heltor View’ & soon after a bungalow behind tall hedge
- Driveway to Burnicombe Farm is about 100 yards further on right & is signed
- You’ve gone too far after Heltor Rock (on right)
- Drive down long farm track:
- Small vehicles: take the right, down tarmac track
- Large/heavy vehicles: follow sign to carry straight on through open metal gate & down track to farmhouse.
- Please slow down on your approach to the farm yard. We’ll greet you in the yard.