**All kitchen volunteer places have now been filled – thank you for your interest**
Pitch-in to the Kitchen!
Be part of the kitchen crew! This team has always been vibrant, creative and full of song. If you feel like being part of the village for the week in this way then joining the kitchen crew could be for you.
What We’ll Give You
- £50 travel budget per person
- Mentoring and support from the kitchen culture leader (aka North)
- Some time off each day and most/all evenings off
- Attendance at most Ring 1 evening sessions
- Participation in Village Green day activities (but not Ring 1 day sessions)
Requirements: Volunteers During Camp
We need 10 kitchen volunteers during the Camp. Work will be in shifts so you’ll have time in the village during the day and be able to join the evening programme as part of the exchange.
It will be either one or two shifts a day and tasks will be varied, including, for example: chopping veg, topping up tea urns, washing up, clearing and setting tables, serving meals and foraging.
We’re looking for at least two kitchen volunteers with a driving licence who can bring a car. We’re also keen to have a couple of strong bodies on the team for lifting heavier items.
You’ll be part of a learning, connective, vibrant team and receive cultural mentoring from someone experienced in this model. Essentially, you will create your own kitchen culture that will feed into and from the village.
Requirements: Volunteers Pre- & Post-Camp
We also need 3 people to help in the kitchen either side of the event for the staff catering. This is a total of 2 ½ days work. These volunteers will not do so much during the actual event but will be expected to be on hand if needed. They will have a reduced cost of £200 for a place on Ring 1.
**All kitchen volunteer places have now been filled**
You commit to:
- Having a skype or face to face meeting (depending on how close you live to Devon) with Georgina the catering manager and the kitchen North beforehand
- Being present from 21-30 July and working every day in those days, doing a mixture of work.
Get in touch if you are interested or have any questions.